Apple has declared changes with iOS 14 that will influence how we get and measure transformation occasions from devices like the Facebook pixel. Organizations that publicize portable applications, just as those that enhance, target and report on web transformation occasions from any of our concern devices will be influenced.
In particular, Apple will start to necessitate that all applications in the App Store show a debilitating brief to clients on iOS 14 gadgets, as per their App Tracking Transparency structure. Apple’s approach will forbid certain information assortment and sharing except if individuals select in to following on iOS 14 gadgets by means of the brief. As more individuals quit following on iOS 14 gadgets, advertisements personalisation and execution announcing will be restricted for both application and web change occasions.
In light of these changes, we will likewise begin handling pixel transformation occasions from iOS 14 gadgets utilizing Aggregated Event Measurement. This will uphold your endeavors to protect client security and help you run compelling efforts.
Actions you can take to prepare
If you plan to deliver ads optimised for conversion events that occur on your business’s website:
- You may have to check your site’s space to help dodge any future disturbance of your site crusades. Area confirmation should be accomplished for the viable high-level space in addition to one (eTLD+1).
- Area confirmation ought to be focused on areas with pixels utilized by numerous organizations or individual advertisement accounts. This will empower you to arrange pixel change occasions when Aggregated Event Measurement opens up.
- Design eight favored web change occasions per area in Events Manager. Accumulated Event Measurement limits areas to eight change occasions that can be utilized for crusade advancement. Facebook will at first design the transformation occasions that we accept are the most applicable to your business dependent on your movement. Advertisement sets improving for a change occasion that is not, at this point accessible will be stopped when collected occasion estimation dispatches in mid-2021. While not usable for advancement, occasions not designed as one of the eight change occasions for an area can, in any case, be utilized for fractional detailing in Ads Manager and site Custom Audience focusing on.
- Get familiar with how to utilize Facebook pixel to arrive at gadgets on iOS 14 and measure execution.
If you plan to deliver ads optimised for both web and app conversion events, take all of the actions listed above.
Ad creation limitations
You can use your existing ad accounts to advertise to iOS 14 users, but you’ll need to create separate iOS 14 app install campaigns due to reporting limitations from Apple’s SKAdNetwork API. The following are additional limitations that you’ll need to consider.
If you plan to deliver ads optimised for conversion events that occur in your business’s app:
- You can just partner your application with a solitary advertisement account. Be that as it may, you can utilize a similar promotion record to publicize for various applications.
- Each application is restricted to 9 iOS 14 missions without a moment’s delay. Each mission is restricted to five advertisement sets of a similar improvement type. You can’t shift your advancement decision across advertisement sets in a similar mission. There is a 72-hour reset period after you turn off or erase one of your nine allowed iOS 14 missions before it will presently don’t represent a mark against your cutoff. This will help limit the danger of erroneous mission improvement and announcing because of the postponed revealing of change occasion information from Apple’s SKAdNetwork API.
- Sale is the solitary accessible purchasing choice when you make a promotion for iOS 14 gadgets; reach and recurrence are not accessible.
- When your mission is distributed, you can’t turn the iOS 14 mission switch on or turn off. You’ll need to kill or erase your mission.
If you plan to deliver ads optimised for conversion events that occur on your business’s website:
- Your pixel may just streamline for a limit of eight transformation occasions for every area. Facebook will at first arrange the change occasions that we accept are the most pertinent to your business dependent on your action. Any remaining occasions will be inaccessible for crusade streamlining. You will actually want to deal with your inclinations in Events Manager. At the point when you make your promotion set, you’ll just pick one of the eight assigned change occasions to improve for.
- Advertisement sets that were upgrading for a pixel transformation occasion that is not, at this point accessible will be killed. Ahead of time of this restriction, consider whether changes should be made to your mission or estimation procedure. You may have to consider on the off chance that you’ll be needed to advance for upper channel goals, for example, presentation page perspectives and connection clicks.
- Occasions not designed as one of the eight change occasions for a space can in any case be utilized for halfway detailing in Ads Manager and site Custom Audience creation.
The accompanying constraint applies to both site occasion transformation and iOS 14 application crusades:
- You can utilize the accompanying effort offer techniques: least expense, cost cap, least ROAS or offer cap. In any case, on the off chance that you pick the expense cap or least ROAS offer technique, your promotion set ought to be booked to run at any rate three entire days.
New delivery statuses
The Delivery segment of Ads Manager is the place where you can check the situation with your mission, advertisement set or promotion and discover data about any issues. To assist you with understanding the effect of advertisement creation impediments, we’ve acquainted the new conveyance situations with Ads Manager.
The accompanying situations with solely to iOS 14 application crusades:
- Refreshing cutoff: Each application ID is restricted to 9 iOS 14 missions. At the point when you turn off an iOS 14 application crusade, it requires 72 hours to presently don’t represent a mark against your iOS 14 mission limit. Recall that when you turn off a mission, you additionally turn off its related promotion sets and advertisements.
- Forthcoming cutoff: Each application ID is restricted to 9 iOS 14 missions. At the point when you arrive at your restriction of 9 iOS 14 lobbies for your application ID, any extra iOS 14 missions that you make and distribute won’t convey right away. To turn on another iOS 14 mission when you’ve arrived at your breaking point, you’ll need to kill a current iOS 14 mission and hang tight 72 hours for it to leave the reset time frame.
The accompanying situations with solely to site occasion change crusades:
- Unsupported occasion: When you attempt to streamline for a site change occasion that you haven’t set as one of the eight focused on site transformation occasions for your area, your mission’s advertisement set will be killed. It can’t be turned on once more.
You’ll have to make another promotion set for the significant crusade and pick one of the occasions that you’ve just focused on with Events Manager. To run a comparable promotion set to the one that was killed, you can copy the advertisement set, alter the site change occasion and distribute the new advertisement set.
On the off chance that your promotion set is as yet a draft, there’s no compelling reason to copy it; simply alter the site transformation occasion prior to distributing. On the other hand, you can refresh your picked eight site transformation occasions in Events Manager, whenever, and attempt once more.
- Arrangement mistake: When there is no area related with a pixel occasion pair and your promotion, that advertisement will be killed. You’ll have to alter your promotion or arrange a pixel occasion pair in Events Manager to determine this blunder. To walk out on, either select another space for your promotion or arrange a pixel occasion pair for your area in Events Manager.
The accompanying status may apply to either site occasion change or iOS 14 application crusades:
- Refreshing occasions: When you, or somebody who deals with your record, refreshes your change occasions in Events Manager or imports another transformation composition from an accomplice application, your advertisement sets or missions might be stopped. It requires 72 hours until the update is finished. When the update is finished, you can turn on your stopped mission. Kindly note that stopped missions will not restart all alone after the progressions are applied.
Under Apple’s new arrangement, organizations will be restricted in their capacity to quantify the presentation of iOS 14 application introduce crusades on Facebook. For iOS 14 application introduce crusades, announcing should depend on information from Apple’s SKAdNetwork API for portable application introduces and other application change occasions.
Comparable limits will apply to the estimation of some web change occasions due to revealing restrictions of iOS 14 gadgets. The accompanying constraints are normal across Ads Manager, promotions announcing and the Ads Insights API.
- Postponed detailing: Real-time revealing won’t be upheld and information might be deferred as long as three days. For iOS 14 application introduce crusades, transformation occasions will be accounted for dependent on the time that they are accounted for to Facebook by the SKAdNetwork API and not the time they happen. Web change occasions will be accounted for dependent on the time the transformations happen and not the hour of the related promotion impressions.
- Assessed results: For iOS 14 application introduce crusades, the SKAdNetwork API will report results to Facebook, amassed at the mission level. Factual demonstrating might be utilized to represent results at the promotion set and advertisement levels, except if the mission is made out of a solitary promotion set and advertisement. For web transformation occasions, measurable demonstrating might be utilized to represent changes from iOS 14 clients.
- No help for breakdowns: For both application and web transformations, conveyance and activity breakdowns, like age, sexual orientation, locale and arrangement won’t be upheld.
- Changes to account attribution window settings: Once Apple upholds their iOS 14 necessities, the attribution window for all new or dynamic promotion missions will be set at the advertisement set level, as opposed to at the record level. The new promotion set attribution setting can be gotten to during effort creation. This promotion set level attribution setting guarantees that the transformations estimated are similar ones used to advise crusade improvement, and will consider expanded adaptability and clearness while dissecting advertisement execution. Moreover, the default for all new or dynamic advertisement crusades (other than iOS 14 application introduce crusades) will be set at a 7-day click attribution window. iOS 14 application introduce missions will report dependent on the attribution window given by Apple’s SKAdNetwork API.
Going ahead, 28-day navigate, 28-day see through and 7-day see through attribution windows won’t be upheld for dynamic missions. Nonetheless, dormant missions will in any case report utilizing the heritage account-level attribution window, and authentic information for the attribution windows that are not, at this point upheld will keep on leftover available by means of our Ads Insights API.
After these progressions produce results, with the exception of iOS 14 application introduce crusades and robotized rules, the default 7-day click attribution window can be altered by you to one of different windows that are as yet upheld. The accompanying windows will be upheld under the new attribution setting:
- 1-day click
- 7-day click (default after Apple brief implementation)
- 1-day snap and 1-day see
- 7-day snap and 1-day see (beginning default)
Before 28-day navigate, 28-day see through and 7-day see through attribution windows become inaccessible, you should find a way to get ready:
- Utilize the contrasting windows include with perceive how transformations credited to their promotions looked at across changed attribution windows. This will help you better envision any progressions in detailed changes that come about because of moving to a 7-day window.
- Fare any recorded 28-day view or snap and 7-day see attribution window information you need. Recorded information will in any case be open through the Ads Insights API, even after the progressions go live.
- All mechanized guidelines will change to a 7-day click attribution window when Apple’s progressions produce results. Update the attribution window for your mechanized principles to a 7-day click attribution window currently to help keep away from sudden changes to your robotized leads later. The alternative to determine an alternate attribution window for computerized rules won’t be accessible.
If it’s not too much trouble, note that these progressions might be presented at various occasions. With an end goal to all the more likely set up our publicists for impending changes, we will at first default to a 7-day snap and 1-day see attribution setting in front of Apple’s implementation of the App Tracking Transparency (ATT) brief. When Apple starts requirement of its brief, we will change the default to a 7-day click attribution setting. Kindly note that the ensuing default change to 7-day snap will just apply to promotion sets made after the default change; there will be no effect on revealing and streamlining of advertisement sets that started before the change. We will give notices and direction in item to keep you educated regarding any change to the default setting.
As more people opt out of tracking on iOS 14 devices, the size of your app connections, app activity Custom Audiences and website Custom Audiences may decrease.
Dynamic ads limitations
As more devices update to iOS 14, the size of your retargeting audiences may decrease.
If you plan to deliver dynamic ads for your business’s app:
- Some iOS 14 devices may default to a mobile web browser destination (instead of an app or app store). To direct all iOS 14 users to an app destination, create a new campaign that optimises for link clicks.
If you plan to deliver dynamic ads for your business’s website:
- We highly recommend that you only use one pixel per catalogue and domain. If you use more than one pixel, we may not be able to accurately capture and optimise for the conversion events that you care the most about.If you can’t adhere to one pixel, review the eight prioritised events for each domain in Events Manager. Ensure that each pixel reflected there has been installed to the domain and linked to the catalogue.
- If you use multiple domains in your catalogue, verify each website domain that you use as a product URL and avoid using any product URLs that redirect to another domain.
- When you create your ad set, you’ll only choose one of the eight prioritised conversion events to optimise for. You can manage your preferences in Events Manager. Ad sets optimising for a conversion event that is not prioritised will be paused when aggregated event measurement launches in early 2021.